Sunday, April 21, 2013

Starbucks...iPhone App

Continuing my two day blog binge at Starbucks in Bryan...like the alliteration there? Anyway, I came here earlier in the semester and heard an AWESOME song but was dumb and didn't "shazam" it. So naturally I was bothered for days and ultimately had to return to the store after an unsuccessful search on Starbuck's website for some sort of streaming music. I sat in the store for a few hours until the song finally came on. This got me thinking...Starbucks has an iPhone application, which allows you to look at the menu, find a Starbucks, get gift cards, etc. I think it would be neat if you could access a Starbucks radio station to listen to the music they have playing. Now this seems counter intuitive at first...but I think there's a possibility that it could increase traffic to the store, or at least increase the frequency with which the same customer visits. Imagine it, you're sitting in the library at campus listening to Starbucks radio and you take a sip of your worse than sub-par coffee from the cafe downstairs, and suddenly it hits you: I NEED STARBUCKS. It's almost subliminal. Starbucks music in your ears and you can almost smell the coffee and hear the machines whirring in the background as the barista whips up a frappuccino. I definitely think it's worth an experiment. An app for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment